Vicky and Joe talk about all the water in their house and get far more excited than you probably are about their new loft space. It's so middle-aged it's painful. And then—you'll get a rundown of how long it might take you to write your nonfiction book! No BS, no false promises, no conveniently leaving out details that take bloody ages... just a realistic timeline to aim for. Enjoy!
- [4:35] Joe fell through the ceiling at the Dingle! Ouch!
- [9:00] How long will it take to write a nonfiction book?
- [11:10] If you write everyday…well Vicky did some math calculations for you!
- [15:25] Where do you start when it comes to writing your book?
- [17:10] If you want to write the best possible book in the world, you need to be able to know what the opposition’s points are.
- [20:00] Sometimes writing involves just starting out at a window.
- [21:50] Your book is now ready for editing! In an ideal world, it’ll take about four months to get to this point.
- [24:15] Remember to grab yourself a set of beta readers to help you refine your book!
- [26:05] Vicky estimates it’ll take about 29 weeks to get yourself your very own book!
- [27:25] Grab Vicky’s free advent calendar! Link in the show notes.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.