“Vicky Quinn Fraser, your book outline and chapter plan FINALLY made me see how I can make sense of an otherwise messy blob of thoughts in my head.”
~ Jocelyn Brady, Brain Coach
We’re always waiting “until we’re ready” + fretting about stuff that’s not quite right—but newsflash! We never really are ready and life is always gonna mess with us.
There is no better time than now.
So if we can get off the damn PLANNING train and just start, incredible things can happen. Like your book!
Do it for Deathbed You*
* Massive props to Jocelyn Brady, Brain Coach + Weird + Wonderful Book Society alum, for introducing me to Deathbed You. Or Deathbed Me.
Deathbed You is craving creativity, and playtime, and the chance to tell their story!
There’s been so much focus on survival and so little space for creativity—and Deathbed You is worried your book will never happen.
DEATHBED YOU WANTS THIS FOR YOU!
So I made a bunch of stuff to help you if, for example, you are currently in one of these fun places:
- You have a vague idea of what your book will be about but it's SO vague it's more like a dream and how the hell do you tighten it up?
- You've been scribbling notes and your idea has mushroom-clouded into every thought in your head and you're worried your book will be a duller version of the Encyclopaedia Britannica and how the hell do you calm it down?
- You've been scribbling notes and all your ideas have left your brain and now your mind is a woeful desert and how the hell will you be able to write enough to fill a book?
- You got ideas AND great enthusiasm—but not a clue where to start so you're reorganising your baking cupboard and throwing out prehistoric flour instead of writing.
- You got ideas, enthusiasm, and a clue where to start—but no idea HOW to get going. I mean, do you start at the beginning? The end? The middle? HALP.
Well, if you're ready and willing and excited about your book, and you just need a little something-something to unlock your creativity and your words, I have just the thing: a plunger for your brain and book
(A bundle of templates. I have a bundle of templates for you. Not an actual plunger.)
“But I don’t want a template/blueprint/cookie-cutter thing that’ll make my book sound like everyone else’s!”
No me neither!
You don’t want to write a book that sounds like everyone else’s—and I don’t want you to do that either—so maybe you’ve shied away from templates and outlines (me too). But the brain plunger I’ve made is not gonna force you into a box you don’t suit.
These things—these templates I’ve created—are special. They are going to help you create, I promise.
Moxie Books is about weird + wonderful books, about making something totally original and unique. These templates are going to help you start a book that doesn’t sound like everyone else’s, because you’re weird + wonderful and that’s what we’re going to tease out onto the page. Your weirdness + wonderfulness.
These aren’t one-size-fits-all, or "use this template or you won’t be able to write a book” things—nothing like that. They are tools to help you gather your ideas and fit them together in a way that works for you.
So here’s what I’ve made:
- Big Book Idea + Synopsis: Get your book idea down on paper, write a short synopsis, and get clarity on what you’re actually writing about and why. (You’ll be amazed at how much easier the words flow when you’re 100% sure about what you’re doing.)
- The Reader Journey: It’s like an outline but less stuffy and it’ll help you take that magnificent idea of yours and give it purpose and direction, so you can sit your butt down and write.
- Your Book on a Page: This IS an outline, sorry. But it’s a really bloody good one and you’ll enjoy it—and by the time you’ve wandered through it, your actual writing will be (more of) a breeze.
- The Chapter Planner: There are little boxes and prompts all over this template to help you get everything you need into each chapter—and keep all the fluff in your pockets, not your book.
- Fun Writing Games: YES! Because writing IS fun, even when it’s super hard. Writing is creative work and I want you to enjoy it. Because if you don’t enjoy writing your book, how do you expect anyone to enjoy reading it? (Readers can tell)
How they work
These interactive templates live in Notion, which is just about one of the best pieces of writing + productivity software I've ever found.
It perfectly suits my brain.
However, it might not suit yours—so you don’t have to sign up to Notion or anything if you don’t want to.
You can buy your templates from me then use them in one of 2 ways:
- In Notion: click the link in the thank you email, then click
Duplicateto save the template to your own workspace and start writing in it. (You don’t need to have a paid-for Notion account to do this.)
- In Google Docs: click the link in the thank you email, then click
File + Save Asto save a new document for yourself, and start writing in it.
Remember: these templates are just to get you started—you can customise them in any way you choose, to suit the book you’re writing and the way you work.
As long as you keep hold of the original link, you’ll also get lifetime access to any updates I make to the templates. So they’ll keep getting better and better!
The templates are £49 each or £199 for the bundle.
“I found [the templates to be] an excellent confidence builder to help start writing my book, and more than that it gave me a plan to work to.”
~ Melanie Osborne, Wrenwood Renovations
Get them here:
Big Book Idea + Synopsis
Get your book idea down on paper, write a short synopsis, and get clarity on what you’re actually writing about and why. (You’ll be amazed at how the words flow when you’re 100% sure about what you’re doing.)
The Reader Journey
It’s like an outline but less stuffy. You’ll start with humans, not abstract ideas. This template will help you take that magnificent idea of yours and give it purpose and direction, so you can sit your butt down and write.
Your Book on 1 Page
This IS an outline, sorry. But it’s a really bloody good one and you’ll enjoy playing through it—and by the time you’ve wandered through it, your actual writing will be (more of) a breeze.
The Chapter Planner
There are little boxes and prompts all over this template to help you get everything you need into each chapter—and keep all the fluff in your pockets, not your book. When you’re done, your chapters will feel simple.
Cool Writing Games
YES! GAMES! Because writing can be fun, even when it also feels like super hard work. Writing is creative work and I want you to enjoy it—because if you don’t enjoy writing, your readers won’t enjoy reading it.
Want the whole bundle for just £199? Click the button below
Want all the templates? Super! They go together perfectly and they’ll give your book the boost it needs. You get all the above PLUS a bonus template that gives you everything you need to tell compelling client stories :)
Happy template fans
Jocelyn Brady - Brain Coach
“Vicky Quinn Fraser, your book outline and chapter plan FINALLY made me see how I can make sense of an otherwise messy blob of thoughts in my head. These templates actually make sense for my brain, and I hadn’t ever found anything that worked before these. (Exhibit: All the forsaken apps and templates that have become half-filled graveyards of despair ).”
Melanie Osborne - Wrenwood Renovations
“Immensely useful… hadn’t a clue how to start to bring all my ideas together. This sets out clearly the layout and what needs to go in and where and leaves you to fill it in with your outline… I found it an excellent confidence builder to help start writing my book, and more than that it gave me a plan to work to.”
Kenda Macdonald - Automation Ninjas
“I had started writing my book, Hack The Buyer Brain, and I’d hit a wall. I wasn’t sure if what I had done was the right thing, or if I was just writing a bunch of crap in a crappier format. I just really needed help to get unstuck, and out of my own way. Not only did Vicky give me a brilliant bit of advice that got me unstuck and writing again, but she helped me make my book a good book.”
Stop Waiting + Start Writing
You've waited long enough: the world needs your book! People will be grateful you put your message out into the world.
Start here. Start now.