Guest Info - Emma
Emma Dhesi is a book coach who specialises in helping beginner authors write their first novel. Emma helps you improve your craft, provides feedback on your written work and navigates you through the emotional rollercoaster of finishing a novel. For more hands-off assistance, Emma hosts a Facebook group and podcast, both called Turning Readers Into Writers.
This week Vicky and fellow book coach Emma Dhesi talk novels, time, and our reluctance to put ourselves first when it comes to writing our books. Tune in and hear Emma’s strategy for making time to write—and her proven framework for creating scenes that work. Emma is a fiction coach but even if you’re non-fiction only, you’ll enjoy this episode!
- [2:00] A little bit about Emma and the kind of coaching work she does with authors.
- [5:00] Emma always wanted to be a writer, but life kept getting in the way.
- [7:40] How does Emma and her clients find the time to write a book?
- [12:50] Emma offers tips on how to set boundaries with your little children at home.
- [15:35] 100% of your book is not just about writing it. There are other parts to consider like research and character development.
- [19:00] How do you set a scene in a fictional story?
- [23:25] Be open to completely taking out a scene you’ve written if it’s not working.
- [25:00] Interested in hiring Emma for your fiction book? Reach out!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma’s summit recordings: Emmadhesi.teachable.com/p/be-a-bestseller-structure-your-story-for-success1
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.